Preparing for your interview will be the key to your success and there are a number of important rules to follow in order to help you create the right impression.
The main two types of interviews that you are likely to encounter are:
Skill Based Interviews consist of a series of questions that focus on the professional skills that you have gained in relation to the job function and requirements and they help to determine your ability to perform a particular role.
Competency Based Interviews are designed to assess the attitude and mindset of the individual who has applied for the job. These competency based interviews provide HR and other departments with a brief idea as to how you will perform and your attitude towards work, people and life in general.
Top Interview Do's and Don'ts:
1. Wear a business suit unless you have been advised that it is not necessary.
2. Find out what the format of your interview will be i.e. panel interview or one-to-one as this will help you to prepare for the questions you will be asked
3. Prepare for your interview by finding out as much as you can about the company you will be interviewing with.
4. Ensure that you have at least four or five relevant questions to ask at the interview
5. Let the interviewer know that you are actually interested in the position
1. Arrive late for your interview. However, if you are going to be late always try to call in advance of your interview and do apologise when you arrive.
2. Be negative about your previous employers as this will not create a good impression at interview
3. Allow your salary expectations to become the focal point of your interview
4. Exaggerate your experience. Always be specific and honest about what you know.
5. Be afraid to add humour to your interview. Building good rapport is one of the most important things you can do.
Call Us Today On